After reviewing the Open School About Us section, applicants can click on the Register button found at the top right corner of our site. Applicants can look through the Course Offerings before beginning the application process to ensure they have a list of courses they would like to register for.
After reading the application instructions carefully, applicants can select 1 to 4 courses but please note that students can take only one course at a time. We highly recommend students choose alternate courses since all our courses run on sufficient enrolment and courses may become full before we receive your supporting documents.
All applicants will receive a confirmation of the course(s) they registered for and a request for further supporting documentation to the email address they provided in the application.
Applicants must submit all the supporting documents requested in order for the office to process their registration.
Depending on the applicant’s status, the supporting documents may include:
- School authorization forms
- A copy of the birth certificate
- A copy of the Ontario Health Card
- An up-to-date transcript
- A copy of the most recent grade 8 term report card if entering grade 9 (the final grade 8 report card can be uploaded when received)
- A synopsis of the curriculum covered while receiving instruction at home
- A copy of the ‘Letter of Intent to Home School’ submitted to your board for the 2022/23 school year
- A copy of the ‘Letter of Intent to Home School’ submitted to your local board for the school year you plan on attending the Open School***
***You can use this sample letter of intent to home school form from the Ministry website or the form provided by your school board.